Deliver Value Prior to Purchase
It’s best to think of your potential customers on a continuum that progresses from a casual shopper to ultimately a purchaser.
It’s best to think of your potential customers on a continuum that progresses from a casual shopper to ultimately a purchaser. However the gap between showing interest in a product and eventually buying that product can sometimes be months or even years!
Create your own Group
This eCommerce Growth Group that we developed is exactly the kind of thing that you build for your business. Take time to create video’s, PDF’s, set up a Facebook page and start out by helping answer the questions your customers have.
Give Away Information
If you don’t want to commit to creating a group with all the work that entails, then start small. Create an ebook or email course that talks about your product and the industry that surrounds it.
You can get started by hiring a writer, go over to Content Runner, find a great writer and you can hire someone to write your ebook. If there is a service component to your business offer a free trial period, let someone test out your product prior to purchase.
Once you get the email address from the customer in exchange for your free giveaway, don’t start off trying to sell right away. Your first interactions via email with the customer, keep in mind that you are trying to educate the consumer so they have a better understanding of the market. Once you have warmed up the customer with lots of great information then you can start to subtly sell.
Improve Your Cart and Checkout Experience
Your cart and the checkout page are the proverbial last mile in your sales funnel.
Your cart and the checkout page are the proverbial last mile in your sales funnel. Cleaning up the design and functionality of this last mile can provide a significant lift to your sales.
We see many retailers bring in sites and ask us why conversions are so low. There are many answers to that question, but one of the most common problems we see is a shopping cart page that is just an afterthought. Many of the basic themes provided for eCommerce platforms don’t have great looking cart pages and it’s up to you to fix that design and create an experience that your customers want. Some common problems to address:
- Poor Thumbnail images in the cart page
- Inability to edit products in the cart
- No customer support phone number or link
- Requiring registration before purchase
- Failing to advertise shipping policies (such as Free Shipping)
Most of these issues can be remedied, but you need to meticulously walk through your purchase path to make sure you are including all the correct information in your shopping cart.
Shopping Cart Abandonment
Shopping cart abandonment is a pervasive eCommerce problem. You may dramatically improve your cart experience, but you will always see some percentage of customers completely abandon their shopping cart. Don’t bury your head in the sand and pretend it’s not happening in your store, it’s time to take charge and add more revenue to your bottom line. Here are some things you can do to deal with shopping cart abandonment:
- Setup Ad Retargeting – if you are running advertising campaigns on Google or Facebook, you need to have a retargeting campaign in place. Retargeting ads will follow those shoppers that abandoned their cart and continue to show them ads for your store.
- Customized Recovery Emails – you can create emails that will notify the shopper of the item they abandoned, the emails should contain pictures of the product, customer reviews along with your shipping policies
If you have set up a store on Shopify, consider checking out Beautiful Abandoned Cart to start sending out abandoned cart recovery emails.
Ambaum Announced as ShipStation’s First Solutions Consultant Partner
ShipStation has formally announced Ambaum as their first partner in their new Solutions Consultant program.
ShipStation has formally announced Ambaum as their first partner in their new Solutions Consultant program. We are excited to be part of the new program!
You can sell however and wherever you want, ShipStation is the leading web-based shipping software that helps online retailers streamline their order fulfillment.
ShipStation is easy to set up and integrates with just about any eCommerce platform: Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, Ebay, WooCommerce and many more.
ShipStation features include:
- Shipping Label and Packing Slip Printing
- Unlimited Selling Channels
- Inventory Management
- Support for shipping carriers USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post, and more.
If you are interested in testing out ShipStation for 30 days free, Ambaum has a special ShipStation offer .
Create a Loyalty Program For Your eCommerce Store
A loyalty program is a way for your eCommerce store to reward your most dedicated customers.
A loyalty program is a way for your eCommerce store to reward your most dedicated customers. You can reward your most fervent customers by giving them points for performing activities on behalf of your store. Some example activities that could earn points are:
- Repeat purchases
- Sharing links of your products on social media
- Referring a friend to sign up or make a purchase at your store
- Creating product reviews on your site and 3rd party platforms (Google, Facebook, etc)
These activities will earn your customers points in your loyalty program. The points can be redeemed for anything you want, here are some examples:
- Product discounts, buy one get one free, etc
- Exclusive access to beta products and/or insight into the product pipeline
- Exclusive access to company events
- Phone call with your product team to discuss feedback and future product suggestions
When you go the full mile with your loyalty program you are creating brand ambassadors. These ambassadors will go forth and be the advocates for your brand. Because these ambassadors are not officially aligned with your company, the feedback they provide will provide a much stronger social signal to your potential customers. Think of product reviews on Amazon, before you go buy a product, there’s a great chance that you will go and read third party reviews before purchasing from a new company. That’s what these brand ambassadors will do for your eCommerce store.
Sweet Tooth Rewards is an excellent loyalty program that allows you to establish events and reward your customers with points for achievement.
Enable Product Reviews For Your eCommerce Store
If you want to achieve growth in your store it’s imperative that you allow your customers to leave reviews of your products.
If you want to achieve growth in your store it’s imperative that you allow your customers to leave reviews of your products. Here are some key stats to consider if you need a nudge to allow your customers to review your products:
- More than 90% of customers read product reviews before making a purchase
- Star rating is the number one factor used to judge a product
- Timeliness of the reviews is important, the more recent the review the more weight it carried
- There is a trend for customers to read multiple reviews more than 70% of customers read up to 6 reviews
If you need more convincing take a look at this list of 50 great stats and customers reviews. Convinced now? Great! Well then now you need to figure out the best way to set up reviews on your site. We recommend plugins and a great one that most retailers are using for reviews is called Yotpo.
Here are some of the features that Yotpo provides:
- Customers can leave reviews on your products
- Reviews go into moderation so you can approve before they go live
- Customers (that you approve) can answer questions left in reviews (power users can respond to questions left on your site, the social proof of other customers answering questions is a strong signal
- Review integration with Facebook and Twitter ads (For Facebook advertising this is great to show off your reviews on your site in your ads)
- Instagram shopping page that goes through Instagram and pulls pictures and then allows you to create a Instagram shopping page on your site
Ambaum is an official partner of Yotpo and if you want to get set up with a demo or you have questions about the functionality let us know and we can help you out.