People, culture, and workplace aligned to grow.
Ambaum is a fast-growing, Digital Consulting and eCommerce agency and a leader in the Shopify movement. As a certified Shopify Plus Partner and Expert, we help scale digital brands through a mix of strategy, design, development, and growth marketing.
Our focus is on creating nimble, flexible, and cost-effective enterprise commerce solutions using Shopify Plus – the fastest-growing Enterprise eCommerce platform. To do this we pair an exceptional knowledge of the Shopify platform and ecosystem with design and strategy to help our clients fuel their digital growth.
We offer competitive salaries (DOE), full health and dental insurance plus paid vacation and holiday (after 90 days). We are headquartered south of Seattle in Burien, WA, but we offer the ability to work 100% remotely if that suits you.
- Competitive salaries (DOE)
- Full medical / dental insurance
- Opportunity to grow and shape the position
- Personal development within a fast-growing company
- Work from home or office
- Collaborative, creative working environment
- Ongoing opportunities for in-house training
Front-end eCommerce Web Developer
About the Role:
You’ll be embedded within the project team consisting of other developers, QAs, designers, project managers, strategists and analysts.
Daily tasks could include anything from coding a bespoke subscription flow, integrating an email signup form to architecting a navigation menu, supporting releases and triaging issues. Whatever the task you’ll take ownership of it, collaborate with the team and deliver a thoroughly tested and high-quality solution.
Problem-solving is, therefore, key to this role along with the ability to communicate complexity, prioritize and estimate the development effort with team members or clients. You must work well in a team or independently.
- 4+ years experience of front-end web development
- Shopify and Liquid
- jQuery and Ajax
- Version control
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Experience working in a digital agency
- Experience in WordPress development
- Experience in WooCommerce development
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
Junior Front-end eCommerce Developer
Required Skills / Experience:
- Delivery of functional, responsive websites
- Minimum 1 years experience in a commercial environment OR personal portfolio
- A willingness to improve your skills, and keep up to date with technological / Shopify specific news
Bonus Skills / Experience:
- Scrum/Agile management frameworks
- Working with API’s and Shopify
- Command Line Interface tools – Building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experienced use of frameworks, front and backend
- Experience with application databases
- Source control (GIT)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
What we are looking for:
- A strong portfolio of UI design work, ideally relevant to e-commerce websites.
- A keen eye for typography, layout, color theory and a passion for producing beautiful designs.
- A knowledge of e-commerce UX design ideology and how to convert a visitor into a returning customer.
- Proficiency in using creative tools such as Adobe CC Suite, predominantly, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD / Figma Sketch.
- Knowledge in designing responsive, mobile first websites using a grid system.
- Ability to communicate well with clients, helping them understand your designs.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, being able to provide suggestions for improvements on existing websites.
- A keen interest in eCommerce, social media and digital marketing platforms and tools.
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Salesforce/Demandware, BigCommerce, SAP Hybris).
- Degree in digital media or design (or similar).
- Relevant experience at an agency.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing responsive e-commerce Shopify websites from functional scoping, wireframing and full-color mockups, to briefing documents for the development team.
- Designing for a wide range of brands, from funded startups to established domestic and international brands.
- Reporting daily to the project manager, as well as our Leadership team as required.
- Designing AB tests for clients, with a view to constantly improving revenue and brand interaction.
- Sharing and implementing ideas with the rest of our designers, developers and strategists.